June to August
Applicants may alternatively apply to our Detoxification, Recovery, and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Program(s).
Train with Hot Yoga 1000 Hatha Yoga Instructors, Medical Professionals, and Educators. Become a Bikram Method Hot Yoga Instructor to share your knowledge of Yoga, Holistic Health, and how the two are connected while accentuating your personal practice as you build strong, healthy lives with your students.
You can also heal and detox yourself in ways that are just now coming to the forefront in the traditional health and wellness community. Deepen your understanding of how to live an optimized life as you study and practice with professionals and experts from several Hatha Yoga and Health related disciplines.
Train select individuals to become Instructors using the principles, art, and science of Hatha Yoga applying the Bikram Method while facilitating detoxification and healing of the total body systems of those utilizing Hatha Yoga methodology.
Provide a personal healing vehicle and create a competent and capable global cadre of Hatha Yoga Instructors that share and proliferate the benefits of Hatha Yoga to enhance the health and overall performance of all who practice.
PROGRAM DURATION / 9 Weeks
- Weeks 1 – 5
- Beginning 26-n-2 with Teaching Scenario(s)
- Anatomy and associated academic studies to support your knowledge of the Science and Philosophy behind the 26-n-2.
- Weeks 6 – 9
- Beginning 26-n-2 / Intro to Prenatal, Fusion, Flow, and or CORE-40 Teaching Scenario(s).
- Physiology and related academic studies to support your knowledge of the Science and Philosophy behind the 26-n-2
- Abbreviated 26-n-2 Training for Instructors with other Yoga Teacher Training certification(s) available upon Hot Yoga 1000 evaluation and approval of past or current training.
- Hatha Yoga Practicum
- Each week, you must practice 6 CONSECUTIVE days in-a-row.
- 2 classes a day for 5-days, and 1 class on day 6 / all classes must be 90-minutes
- YOU MAY ATTEND ANY 90-minute CLASS(ES) THAT YOU CHOOSE
- Optional, extra, or make-up Yoga practice on days-6 and -7
- Asana Class Times:
- Saturdays and Sundays / 9:00am and 4:30pm
- Monday – Friday / 9:30am, 4:30pm, 6:30pm
- Monday nights & Thursday nights / 8:30pm
- Hatha Yoga Academics
- The intimate nature of our 500-hour immersion training program allows us to provide a schedule best suited to the needs of our attendees so that you may participate in, and successfully complete program objectives.
- Weeks 1 – 9
- Monday – Friday / Weekly lectures and posture clinics to be scheduled during the day and evening, varying with student timing priorities.
- Saturday – Sunday / 12:00pm – 4:00pm
You must have maintained a Hatha Yoga practice for at least 3-months prior to beginning this training unless a special exception is approved.
The Hot Yoga 1000 Teacher Training Program is inherently detoxifying, strengthening, and transformative. It is designed to bring life back into productive and natural balance no matter how challenging life is or has been. We not only positively change all aspects of the human body and mind, the requirements of the program dictate proper rest, consistent ingestion of nutrient-dense food, essential hydration, the cessation of smoking, alcohol consumption, and other intoxicants.
We encourage all those who are looking for a transformative experience with the end result being restored health, functionality, and happiness to attend the Hot Yoga 1000 9-week, immersion course. Stress, anxiety, fear, low self-esteem, unhealthy habits and attitudes, all fade away under the rigors of this in-depth, cathartic program.
The program embodies the establishment and maintenance of a holistically healthy lifestyle. It encompasses a Detoxification, Recovery, and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Process (DRCDPP) inherent in the program’s design.
This is known as the ‘Bikram Method.’ Bikram Method Hatha Yoga includes 26 asanas and 2 pranayama techniques performed during a 90-minute practice session in an environmentally controlled practice facility [103 – 105oF / 38 – 40% Relative Humidity].
It is a sequence developed, in-part, by, Bikram Choudhury, using 26 out of 84 asanas from his Guru, Bishnu Ghosh. Bishnu Ghosh was a preeminent leader of India’s Physical Culture Movement in the 19th-20th century. He is also the younger brother of Makunda Lal Ghosh, aka, Paramahansa Yogananda, founder of the Self-Realization Fellowship in Los Angeles, California, and author of, “Autobiography of a Yogi.”
This training and practice are suitable for beginners as well as advanced Hatha Yoga students and instructors. It also encompasses a deep therapeutic healing component unparalleled for substance abuse recovery, PTSD recovery, surgical recovery, prevention of cardiovascular disease, and many other afflictions affecting mankind.
The method holistically strengthens, detoxes, balances, and heals all components of the human body. We focus on a tensegrity model of the body enhancing the function and performance of what we’ve defined as 12-body systems; circulatory, digestive, endocrine, integumentary, immune, limbic resonance, lymphatic, muscular, nervous, reproductive, respiratory, and skeletal systems. Development and mastery of the 26-n-2 ensure balanced weight, muscle tone, optimal health, mental clarity, emotional poise, energetic stability, and a sense of overall well-being along with associated outstanding performance in life’s daily activities.
This Hatha Yoga Method was developed and evolved through the most esteemed lineage in the following order:
- Mahavatar Babaji
- Lahiri Mahasaya
- Yukteshwar Giri
- Makunda Lal Ghosh
- Bishnu Ghosh
- Bikram Choudhury
- Hot Yoga 1000 Instructors
This advanced series consists of a 90-minute session comprised of 40 asanas with 2 pranayama techniques. Its focus on the core and spine complements and extends the 26-n-2 but does not replace it. The CORE-40 sequentially works the smooth, cardiac, and skeletal muscles in an extensive fashion extending the breadth and depth of the 26-n-2 while promoting hip openers. The practice room environment is adjusted to facilitate the additional strength requirements demanded by the CORE-40 training. It is suitable for 26-n-2 beginners through intermediate and advanced level practitioners.
Fusion Yoga, often called, “Fusion,” is a foundational, therapeutic class for beginners to advanced practitioners. Fusion Yoga is a Hatha Yoga method that includes dynamic movement with breath coordination, Vinyasa transitions, and core focus. Fusion is an amalgamation of Hatha Yoga applications and approaches from the Ashtanga cOMmUNITY, Bikram cOMmUNITY, and others that prepare you for all styles of Hatha Yoga practices.
The Flow course material centers on Surya Namaskar or the Sun Salutation. The training will show you how to functionally develop health oriented, well thought out sequences from the basic Surya Namaskar into deeper, well connected, flow configurations that optimize the student’s health as opposed to just doing random calisthenics. Although there is absolutely nothing wrong with calisthenics, we have found that well designed and executed Hatha Yoga flow sequences provide more physiological benefits than ‘simple’ calisthenics.
GRADUATION DOCUMENTS and CERTIFICATION:
- Detailed Course Transcript
- Diploma / Certificate of Training Completion
- Ghosh Organizational Lineage Directive (GOLD-1) Teaching Certification – Level 1
- Save $500 – submit your deposit on or before May 1 to reserve entry into the program.
- Your deposit will be deducted from your total tuition payment due on or before May 11.
- Call today for break-out of total tuition, deposit, and fees.
We highly recommend total immersion in this program. It is suggested that all participants in the Hot Yoga 1000 Teacher Training Program, especially those from out of town, or individuals ‘needing a break,’ reserve lodging within 1-mile of Hot Yoga 1000. For the Hatha Yoga Teacher Trainee, success may involve disengagement from the outside demands of daily living by reserving 9-weeks of space for yourself and your Yoga studies in a hotel setting of your choice.